Maintenance Upgrade - PHP Phase II, Build 3 - Effective Wednesday, June 8, 2005
- MySQL client libraries
- PostgreSQL client libraries
- Penn State WebAccess (CoSign)
Installed But Not Supported
You are free to use the following; however, please note that support
will not be provided.
- You may try to install modules manually via file upload instructions on pear.php.net - pear executable currently unavailable.
- We will not install PEAR modules for you at this time.
- The base PEAR modules are installed: Archive_Tar, Console_Getopt, PEAR, XML_RPC
- Base PEAR installation scripts require your scripts to be owned by group "access" (GID 1000) to pass safe_mode GID checking. This is the default group for Penn State Access Accounts.
- You may need to grant the PHP server write access to your PEAR installation folder. Directions for how to grant access.
PHP readdir() function / POSIX readdir_r() stack corruption -
There is a known problem where the readdir() function will cause a
server process to crash under the right conditions; this may cause Web
browsers to display error messages such as, "Document contains no
data," or, "Page cannot be displayed." -- A workaround has been
implemented to eliminate this issue.
sqlite_open() crash - There is a condition when the
sqlite_open() function causes a server process to crash when called
from a folder that has an unreadable ancestor folder (http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktview?tn=1274).
-- A patch has been applied to fix this.
sqlite_query() crash - There is a condition when a malformed SQL
query is missing a "from table" clause that causes a server
process to crash (http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktview?tn=1054).
-- This patch has been backported and applied.