Maintenance Upgrade - PHP Phase II, Build 2 - Effective Monday, Feb 21, 2005
- MySQL client libraries
- PostgreSQL client libraries
- Penn State WebAccess (CoSign)
- a few configuration changes for better security and session support
Installed But Not Supported
You are free to use the following; however, please note that support
will not be provided.
- You may try to install modules manually via file upload instructions on pear.php.net - pear executable currently unavailable.
- We will not install PEAR modules for you at this time.
- The base PEAR modules are installed: Archive_Tar, Console_Getopt, PEAR, XML_RPC
- Base PEAR installation scripts require your scripts to be owned by group "access" (GID 1000) to pass safe_mode GID checking. This is the default group for Penn State Access Accounts.
- You may need to grant the PHP server write access to your PEAR installation folder. Directions for how to grant access.
- PHP readdir() function possible memory leak - There is a known
problem where the readdir() function causes a server process to
crash under the right conditions; this may cause Web browsers to
display error messages such as, "Document contains no data," or "Page
cannot be displayed." -- This issue has been resolved with Phase II, Build 3.