Innovation Insights is published by the Office of Planning and Institutional Assessment to share information about concepts, approaches and tools in the areas of continuous quality improvement, institutional assessment, and strategic planning.
If you have any questions or comments about what you read here, or if you would like to suggest items for future Innovation Insights, please contact Barbara Sherlock, Senior Planning and Improvement Associate, at 814-863-8721 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NACUBO has collected many of the Innovation Insights listed below into Integrating Planning, Assessment, and Improvement in Higher Education.
27. CQI3: Impact Times Three*
26. Positive Planning: Building Your Plan and Building Support from a Positive Base [PDF]
25. Planning Hierarchies [PDF]
24. Project Management: The Basics[PDF]
23. Increasing Efficiency and Effectiveness Through Lean [PDF]
22. Creating a Culture for Innovation and Improvement: Lessons Learned [PDF]
21. Implementing a Strategic Plan [PDF]
20. DMADV: An Approach for Developing New Initiatives [PDF]
19. Developing Strategic Performance Indicators [PDF]
18. Integrating Planning, Assessment, and Improvement [PDF]
17. Using E-mail More Effectively [PDF]
16. Facilitating Teams for Organizational IMPROVEment [PDF]
15. Effective Meetings [PDF]
14. Using Surveys for Data Collection in Continuous Improvement [PDF]
13. The Relationship between Continuous Improvement and Strategic Planning [PDF]
12. Tools for Organizational MPROVEment [PDF}
11. Assessing for Improvement [PDF]
10. Leading for Continuous Improvement [PDF]
9. Virtual Meetings and Virtual Teams Using Technology to Work Smarter [PDF]
8. How to Use Focus Groups to Solicit Ideas and Feedback [PDF]
7. A Structured Approach to Organizational IMPROVEment [PDF]
6. Doing the Right Things Right [PDF]
5. The Link Between Being
Student-Centered and Continuous Quality Improvement [PDF]
for Innovation and Improvement [PDF]
3. Fast Track to Process Simplification [PDF]
Teamwork & Collaboration In Your Unit [PDF]
Unit-Level Planning [PDF]
A link marked with "[PDF]" indicates that the document is available in Adobe's "portable document format". Viewing documents in this format requires that compatible viewing software be installed on your computer. A free version of this viewing software is available from Adobe on their Web site.